We are no stranger to talking about blogging on the Creator's Block podcast. (We've talked about why people hate it so much, as well as three quick strategies for writing killer blog introductions.) Why do we talk about it so much? Because while we can all agree that blogging is an essential part of any successful inbound marketing strategy, it's also the marketing activity people tend to complain about the most.
Specifically, there are two excuses that crop up in conversations both internally at Quintain and with our own clients time and time again. First, "I don't know what to write about." Second, "But I don't have any time to write a blog - I am so busy!"
So, on today's episode of Creator's Block, Shelby and I aren't just complaining and commiserating - we're providing you with tested strategies and tips for picking great topics and finding the time to blog. (Spoiler alert: You have more to say than you think, and guess what? We're all busy.) Enjoy!
Listen to this Episode:
WHAT DID WE TALK ABOUT?
- Do you really not have time to blog, or are you just not making the time?
- What's broken? Your process or your strategy?
- Are you choosing the right kind of format for your blog?
- Are there other formats you can explore to make blogging more efficient?
- Wait a minute, where do infographics fit in?
- What do you blog about when you think you don't have something to say?
- When should you pick your topic?
- How do you properly scope a topic?
- How broad should your audience be, and how does that influence how easy a blog is to write?
- When is the best time to set deadlines for yourself or others?
- What are some strategies for those managing other blog contributors?
- Are you setting up your work environment to actually make blogging enjoyable?
- What are our favorite strategies for "hacking" the blogging process?
- What are our favorite blogging tools?
Resources We Mentioned:
- Video: Why You Should Create Insights, Not Content
- Free resource: Audience persona profile template
- Distraction-free writing apps: Bear, Calmly
- Noisli ambient sound board
- Pomodoro technique
- Pomodoro application
Get in Touch and Spread the Creator’s Block Love
What did you think of this episode? Is there another topic or question you want us to take on? Or do you just want to say hi? Reach out to us on Twitter at @CreatorsBlockHQ or using the hashtag #creatorsblockparty. You can say hi to me at @naptownpint and Shelby at @shelbstheging. You can also join us in the Creator's Block Podcast group on Facebook, where you can ask questions and get inspired.
And don’t forget - whether you love us or hate us - we would really appreciate you reviewing our podcast on iTunes!
…until next week!