Welcome to our very first minisode! Unlike our typical deep-dive discussion-based episodes, Creator's Block minisodes will be quick, down and dirty tutorials that will teach you how to do something in 20 minutes or less.
This week, Liz is teaching us how to tackle what I think is probably one of the hardest parts of blogging - writing a killer introduction in a way that doesn't make you want to pull your hair out. That's because, for many of us, a blog introduction can be a roadblock that completely derails the writing process - even though an introduction is often only a couple of paragraphs long, at most.
But with the three strategies Liz shares in this minisode, you won't be able to blame your blog writing woes on introductions ever again. Enjoy!
Listen to this Episode:
SO, WHAT DID WE TALK ABOUT?
- What makes writing blog introductions so hard?
- What are the three strategies for writing blog intros?
- How to write a story-based introduction
- How to write a response-based introduction
- How to write a "get down to business" introduction
- What rookie mistakes should you avoid?
- And what should you do if you just can't get an intro down on paper?
Resources We Mentioned:
- Jessie-Lee's famous WIX.com blog
- Episode 19: The Thanksgiving Episode
- Episode 6: Should Content Creators and Creatives Care About Data?
Get in Touch and Spread the Creator’s Block Love
What did you think of this episode? Is there another topic or question you want us to take on? Or do you just want to say hi? Reach out to us on Twitter at @CreatorsBlockHQ or using the hashtag #creatorsblockparty. You can also say hi to me at @jhyphenl and Liz at @naptownpint. You can also join us in the Creator's Block Podcast group on Facebook, where you can ask questions and get inspired.
And don’t forget - whether you love us or hate us - we would really appreciate you reviewing our podcast on iTunes!
…until next week!